Hall of Fame Nomination
Good leaders need to be rewarded. Good leaders need to be motivated to continue to lead. The Michigan District Hall of Fame was established to reward good and effective Leadership and to motivate good leaders to continue in a leadership capacity within the Michigan District of Optimist International. All optimists of the Michigan District can qualify and meet the established requirements.
The leadership talent of our clubs is so rich and diverse that it MUST be preserved, nurtured and utilized for continued success. It is hoped that setting a personal goal of earning a place in the "MICHIGAN DISTRICT HALL OF FAME" will contribute to motivating excellent leaders to continue to serve as District Officers and Chairpersons.
Optimists may nominate themselves or be nominated by their Club President. In either case, the Club President must sign the nomination form to certify the nominee’s good standing with the club. All nominations must be postmarked by April 6, 2018. All qualifying factors shall have been met prior to nomination. In addition, the nominee shall have demonstrated personal demeanor that is keeping with the philosophy and goals of Optimist International and the Michigan District.
The selection of candidates is accomplished by evaluating participation and the degree to which the requirements for induction have been completed. Following is the criteria, which is used for admission to the HALL OF FAME:
- Ten years of service to Optimism as a member in good standing of an Optimist Club or Clubs in the Michigan District;
- The nominee shall have held the office of Lieutenant Governor and shall have attained the status of either Distinguished President, Distinguished Lieutenant Governor or District Governor;
- The nominee shall have served at least twice as a Michigan District committee chairperson;
- The nominee shall have served on two or more Michigan District committees other than as chairperson;
- The nominee shall have demonstrated personal demeanor that is in keeping with the philosophy and goals of Optimist International and the Michigan District.
- NOTE: If the nominee has not yet served as Lieutenant Governor, he/she has NOT met the requirements and should NOT be nominated at this time.
|Hall of Fame Recipients
Hall of Fame Nomination Form